Description and Requirements
This minor explores how gender and sexuality are socially, culturally, and historically
constructed, negotiated, and contested; considers the feminist perspective in a variety
of contexts; and approaches women, gender, and sexuality studies from an interdisciplinary
This minor lets you:
- Consider traditional disciplines from a feminist perspective.
- Develop an interdisciplinary understanding of women's experiences.
- Study women's roles, images, and accomplishments.
- Examine the ways in which gender is socially, culturally, and historically constructed.
Total Required Credits for Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies Minor: 18
- Introduction to Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies (WGSS 201)
- 15 elective credits in courses designated as Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies,
9 of which must be 300 level or above. Courses must be selected from at least two