Northern Berkshire Adult Basic Education Program
The mission of the Northern Berkshire Adult Education is to assist the residents of
Northern Berkshire County to achieve their academic and Career goals.
We offer classes to prepare individuals to earn their Alternative High School Credential
from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All of our program and services are free
of charge; funded by a grant from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary
Education, Office of Adult and Community Learning Services.
- Adult Basic Education (ABE) Improve basic reading, writing and math skills
- Adult Secondary Education (ASE) Prepare for the new High School Equivalency Test/GED
- Blended Learning Preparation for the High School Equivalency Test and college and
career & Career Readiness in class & online
- ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages Classes - are for non-fluent English
speakers who want to improve their language skills. Curriculum is designed to help
with personal, social and business communications & prepare for U.S. citizenship.
College & Career Readiness
- Bridge to College Build the skills needed to be successful in a post secondary educational environment
- Employability Skills Personal Care Attendant (PCA) Pre-employment readiness for students preparing for this entry level health care position
- Digital Literacy Class Starting February we will be offering a course in Digital Literacy, using the North
Star Digital Literacy Program. Students participating in this program will be eligible
to take a certification exam to demonstrate competency in Digital Literacy. For more
information, please use the Schedule an appointment option to sign up for an information
session for Digital Literacy.
Enrollment and Orientation
Individuals interested in enrolling in the program are encouraged to contact the Program
Director, Annie Pecor at 413-412-1118 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All office hours are by appointment.
Program Director, Annie Pecor
Drury High School
1130 Church Street
North Adams, MA 01247
(The ABE entrance to the program is located to left of the main entrance, under the
overhang Suite A2 (signs are located on site to indicate location).